Unlimited 3D Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

blowing the whistle !

Go down

blowing the whistle ! Empty blowing the whistle !

Post  Justanother1 Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:32 pm

Over the past few years, the success of Zbrush, an award winning 3D modeling software by th company Pixologic has grown leaps and bounds. I had first heard about Zbrush through some tutorials at the www.renderosity.com site about the time they were upgrading from Zbrush 2 to Zbrush 3, as did quite a few Hollywood studios who's use of Zbrush made it to the big screen in a big way. Meanwhile across the sea, Tomas Pettersson a young programmer, was developing his own 3d modeling software, Sculptris. It didn't have all the tools of Zbrush, or the large website fanfare, yet it was gaining popularity and mention even on the ZbushCentral forums. Dynamic Tesselation is what he called it, the ablility to ad geometry (vertices) on the fly, no need to subdivide the whole model, just a small area around the mouse cursor. In an effort to help the young programmer (or stomp out the competition), Pixologic gave him a job in exchange for his little program, which they host as a freebie alpha, unfinished. Along with the 3mb of software came a forum, for discussion about Sculptris, which gained rapid popularity. However as the discussions grew, and the ideas started flowing, so did the realization for Pixologic that the freebie they were hosting, Sculptris, combined with other free software, could actually bring about the end Zbrush. Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free? The Gripes and Moans here and the reason for starting a seperate forum here, is about and because of the handling of the Sculptris forums on their site. Posts and images being moved and/or deleted, faulty misleading advice and overly-complicated wording of phrases and questions. The truth about the truth is THEY DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW IT.

I was happy posting in their forums, and did my best to be helpful and supportive to everyone, and even made it a point to thank Pixologic and Tomas Pettersson for the wonderful software in one of my last posts, until they decided to delete my username and all my posts. But no worry, I've decided that its time to get my own forum going. A site where ALL the truth is ok to post, not just the obscured parts. Check back here again, I'll be adding more as time goes on.
Justanother1
Justanother1
Admin

https://up2dat3d.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum